CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 22, 2012

Camping Again!


Just shy of the 3 year mark from our last post, which documents our camping adventure in the Adirondacks, it seems fitting that my renewed attention to this much neglegted blog be about another camping trip. Chet and I are now living in central Missouri and had to explore our new backyard: the Ozarks. With some of the largest springs in the country found here in Missouri, we had to check them out. 

This is a bunk buddy we discovered when we were breaking camp. I think this is what you get when you mix a tarantula and a wolf spider...yikes!

 On the trail to Greer Spring

 This is the first outlet of Greer Spring. It flows out from this cave- cool!

Chet had to snorkel to see what was in it.


Down the trail a bit is another boil to the spring. This was huge! (of course Chet wasted no time in exploring this one too)

This is the river at Greer Spring

Our next stop was Big Spring. (No swimming or wading allowed in this one. Bummer) 

We agreed that it looks like a pirate cove, only with colder water. 

We saw this cool guy on the trail. 

This is at Big Spring before it meets the Current River. 

It was a really fun and gorgeous camping trip! All this adventuring made baby want to make an early debut, so now I have Dr's orders to stay off my feet for the next few weeks. I guess that means I'll be blogging more regularly!



4 comments:

julinhachr said...

Looks like fun! I loved seeing new pictures of you and Chet too. You look great Megan!

Austyn said...

Wool wool! Glad to see u guys are together again and that you survived the move. It looks gorgeous there!

Austyn said...

Haha. I meant whoop whoop. Stupid autocorrect

David said...

Don't worry Austyn, sheep need shout outs every once in a while :) Megan and Chet, you two pick awesome camping places! We look forward to seeing more from you two (soon to be three) in the future.